Monday 8 February 2021

The Great Nottingham Project (part4) or bugger I'm moving house

So noble readers (or reader more likely) the great nottingham build project for the baron wars is going to have to go on hold for now due to the fact me and the wonderful Fliss(long may she love me and tolerate my madness) are looking for a new family home in the mighty city of Nottingham, what this means is the blog may be sparse on the build side for a while however as every thing major hobby project related will be packed away. On the plus side it means I can write up a couple of hard core history post about the military side of life in the medieval world. 


Anyway last bit of building work on the Saxon burgh parts has been done and the final stage has started, this includes painting the cliffs and adding grass flowers and crops to the base board for all the cottage gardens, once I've got this stage sorted i will pack the board away as a good place to finish before i add things like hurdle fencing and gate ways.  

I've picked mostly yellow and purple flower bunches as nottinghamshire has a long connection to have spring crocuses and narcissi flowers, I will also add some batches of blue and white flowers as well because over at hodsock priory they have a beautiful woodland full of blue bells and snow drops  that can be seen every spring as well.

I can safely say that while moving is throwing a bit of a spanner into the works in terms of building i thankfully have started anything that can't be finished in a couple of evenings in between sorting the rest of the house out. 





I will sign off for now on this side of things and hopefully once we've found some where and got moved in I can return to building snotingaham in all her glory.

Fair thee well and may your life be full of tea and cake 
Kind regards 
The Angry history chef (retired)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Nottingham Project (part4) or bugger I'm moving house

So noble readers (or reader more likely) the great nottingham build project for the baron wars is going to have to go on hold for now due to...