Sunday 24 January 2021

The great Nottingham project(part2) saxon burh








 So I've laid down the map and started to build the base board. As can be seen in the picture to the right hand insert I've drawn up the whole Mediveal plan including the castle. these are just the rough Plans and as building and boards are bought and built the plan may change slightly.


I've build the cliffs up on one side and sloped the board away from them because I have neither time nor resources to try and build a topographical board that matches the land exactly to its rises and falls. 

The whole premise is to have a board that resembles Nottingham roughly in the medival period. Hence why St.Mary's church, the oldest in the city, sits on the cliff and overlooks the rest of the Saxon burgh, so is thus placed on the highest point on the board. 

I've also marked out and placed the houses and walk ways of the burgh and plastered the foam cliffs to blend them in the lower edge of the board, once it's all dry I will cover it in sand to texture it and then on to part 3 the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Nottingham Project (part4) or bugger I'm moving house

So noble readers (or reader more likely) the great nottingham build project for the baron wars is going to have to go on hold for now due to...