Saturday 30 January 2021

Barons war(part 1)

It's a mini me
So  I'm going to talk about The Barons War rules and the miniatures that support the range. The easiest part is to explain that back when the world wasn't a hell in a handbasket kind of place and we could do things like take trips, see family, play war games, and hit each other with weapons. two noble fellows had a wonderful idea to kickstart a range of miniatures based around the time of magna carta and all that jazz, their names were Andy Hobday and Paul Hicks and boy did they have a great idea.
They set up a kickstarter in september of 2019 to fund getting these miniatures into full production through the mighty and ever helpful Footsore miniatures based hear in mighty Snotingaham(as the saxon call it). Now with this awesome project announced I sat with bated breath for the project to launch so that I may help fund it and I can safely say it was funded and then some. Now i backed the project at the highest level i could and for my sins i was rewarded with a figure of my self in 28mm being sculpted by the redoubtable Mr Hicks who is a very talented fellow I must say(if you don't believe me go look at the wonderful barons war range and for his more modern stuff pop over to empress miniatures)
Mini me and banner man sans banner

Now with one Kickstarter under their belt and shipped by the end of 2019 the fellows turned to the next wave of the project and its inclusion of a set of alpha rules and indeed in the march of 2020 the second Kickstarter was launched and again funded to a level that was quite over whelming to Hobday & Hicks . again i backed at the highest level and this time i had my beloved wife immortalized in miniature. Now alas 2020 was the year of the out break of covid19 and this meant that most things got cancelled however  not so for the BW2 project in fact it meant that the rules went from an Alpha version to a full rule book with stunning art work as Mr Hobday had more spare time to work on developing it.

My beloved wife with skillet for beating people with.


I bid thee all a fond farewell and to tune in next time for another ramble from the Angry History Chef(retired) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Nottingham Project (part4) or bugger I'm moving house

So noble readers (or reader more likely) the great nottingham build project for the baron wars is going to have to go on hold for now due to...